Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The ingenuity of Technology

I went with my colleague up to PTA using a Tazz, the traffic was hectic during the time periods we used to travel. We had workshops that lasted for three days and every time i thought of the traffic my bones wanted to melt because of the traffic, PTA seemed to be in Mafikeng from JHB. However, yesterday i made a call to PTA over the telkom line. The person could hear me and i could hear them it was as if i was in two places at the same time, it was as if i was in PTA whiles in JHB. This is amazing, i mean just being in JHB i could talk with someone in PTA, i did not have to go through the traffic congestion, i could just be in JHB and still cause effect in PTA. I mean, think about it, when a person speaks to you and me we can hear them irrespective of all the other signals in the air(considering that a sound is a signal), our ears can filter out other things and hence allowing us to hear one another what a design (This was taken from Richard Feynman). I woke up this morning and my eyes could distinguish out of different spectrum of light what is what. I cannot find words to express this ingenuity, its just spectacularly amazing, its really still a wonder to me....

No comments: